A relaxed icebreaker no prep game for large groups
- Play anywhere
- Quick (5 - 15 mins)
- No cost
- No Mess
- Large Groups
- No Prep
How To Play Shoe Talk
Often at the start of a youth camp or youth group year there are many people who don't know each other. Even the leaders often don't know many of kids. What's needed is a good ice breaker game which doesn't put too much pressure on everyone.
I played this group game at a camp recently and it was a fantastic icebreaker idea.
1. Split the group into 2 halves.
2. Get each half of the group to line up against opposite sides of the room or hall.
3. Get each person to take of 1 shoe and make a pile of their team's shoes.
4. Get each person from one team to come a select a random shoe from the other team's pile and then find the person that shoe belongs to.
5. Once they have found their match, have a question ready so each person in the pair can ask each other a get to know each other a little bit better. Make sure you don't leave this time too long, but don't make it too short either, give both people a chance to answer.
6. Get the other team to do the same process with the first team's pile of shoes.
on 23 July 2010