An active, icebreaker, circle game for large groups
- Quick (5 - 15 mins)
- No cost
- No Mess
- Large Groups
- No Prep
How To Play Jockeys Up
1. Tell the group to get into pairs, preferably with a person who has a similar height/weight to them.
2. Get them to designate one person from their pair to be the "jockey" and one person to be the "horse".
3. The horse need to stand in a small circle in the middle, facing the back of the person in front of them. (ie. when they walk forward they should be travelling around the circle, following the person in front of them).
4. The jockeys need to do the same thing except in a large circle around the horses and in the opposite direction.
5. A leader needs to direct the game a firstly say "Horses go!" (and the horses need to start galloping around their circle). Then the leader says "Jockeys go!" and the jockeys will run around their circle.
6. When the leader yells "Jockeys up!" the jockeys must all find their partners and jump on their back (ie. the horses must give the jockeys a piggyback). The last pair to do this gets eliminated from the next round.
7. To add some more interest, you can make the players change direction.
on 26 September 2007