A team-building relaxed icebreaker game for large groups
- Play anywhere
- Multiple Teams
- Standard (15 - 45 mins)
- No cost
- No Mess
- Team Building
- Large Groups
How To Play Celebrity Articulate
If you've ever played the famous board game "Articulate" then you'll love this game.
It usually is easier to set up and play within a smaller group, but it can still be really fun to play with a big group.
1. Get everyone to write down 10 names on 10 different pieces of paper. 1 name must be their own, but the rest can be celebrities or bible characters etc.
2. Get the group to sit in a circle and split them up into 2 groups. Every second person will be on the same team (ie. the people sitting directly next to you are on the opposite team).
3. Put all the name papers into a hat or bowl and mix them up.
4. Time to play! Pick a person to start and they get 1 minute for their turn. They need to pick a random name from the hat and explain to their team who it is without saying the name or any part of the name. (ie. If it was "Michael Jordan" they could say "Famous basketballer" but couldn't say "basketballer with last name jordan" etc.) If a fellow team member guesses correctly, they score a point and pick another random name and repeat the process. When 1 minute is up their turn is over and play moves to the next person in the circle.
If the player doesn't know who the person on the paper is and can't describe them, they may have 1 pass per turn.
5. Once the round has been completed and all the names have been used, then you can play another round but this time the players can only use 1 word to describe the person. And a third round can be played with the players acting out (without speaking) the person. It sounds hard, but since all the players will know the names from the first round, it will be easier.
Paper, pens, hat or container
on 22 June 2010