Students will sit in a half circle and try to work their way to the beginning seat by responding quickly and accurately through a progression of questions and answers that will cause other students to move to the end of the line. The student in the first seat at the end of the time limit is the winner.
1. Make sure that there are enough chairs for participating students only.
2. Give each student a different number. IMPORTANT: that number never changes!
3. The Leader will start the progression and go back and forth with the students.
- Leader: ?Preacher Pratt lost his hat and doesn?t know where to find it. Some said east, some said west, and some said number (your choice), go to the end of the line.?
- Student whose number you just called must jump or scream to get your attention before you finish saying ?Go to the end of the line.?
- Leader replies, ?You sir??
- Student, ?No sir, not me sir??
- Leader, ?Then who sir??
- Student ?Number (their choice).?
- Leader, ?Number (student?s choice), go to the end of the line.?
- The next student whose number was just called must jump or scream like before, and the progression continues until someone is stumped, then it starts over.
4. The first person to jump, scream, or get stumped by the progression must go to the end of the line and those behind him will move forward.
5. As students begin to get the hang of the game, add in that if they call out the number of the student who just called them, then they must go to the end of the line. Also, if they call the number of the person at the end of the line, then they will switch with them.
6. As the game progresses, begin to speak faster and faster.
This game is intensely hilarious and fast-paced. I recommend another leader to act as a judge, as it may be hard to tell sometimes if students have responded quickly enough.
Submitted by Justin Lucas on 11 Oct 2011 12:00:00Has this game been helpful?