A relaxed, icebreaker, no prep game for large groups
- Play anywhere
- Quick (5 - 15 mins)
- No cost
- No Mess
- Large Groups
- No Prep
50 Fun Icebreaker Question Ideas
A great way to help people open up to each other is to ask them fun questions that allow them to express their personality or interesting things about themselves. Using ice breaker questions work wells as an introduction activty for any kind of group - church, small group, youth, scout, party, organisations, team building, kids club, classrooms, therapy and more.
We've put together a list of 40 fun icebreaker questions to help "break the ice" and allow your group get to know one another:
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- What is one goal you'd like to accomplish during your lifetime?
- When you were little, who was your favorite superhero and why?
- What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be and why?
- What's your favorite cartoon character, and why?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why?
- What's the ideal dream job for you?
- Do you have a quirky special skill or party trick?
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be...
- If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?
- Where is your favourite place to do work/homework?
- What "old person" things do you do?
- Who is your craziest/most interesting relative?
- What band would you be embarrassed to admit you listen to?
- What is your favorite smell and why?
- What's the scariest ride you've ever been on?
- What new skill would you like to learn?
- What's the last thing you bought?
- Do you prefer five-star accommodation or camping under the stars?
- What's your favourite fashion trend?
- If you could live in another historical period, would you? If so, which one?
- What's your favourite karaoke song to sing?
- If you could teleport anywhere in the world, where would you go right now?
- What's the last thing you completed that you're proud of?
- What's a TV show you recommend to everyone?
- Where did you grow up and what was it like?
- What season do you like the best?
- Do you prefer the beach or the river?
- What is one thing we would never guess about you?
- What is one thing that made you smile today?
- What would your superhero costume look like?
- What is the strangest dream you can remember?
- If you were a condiment, what would you be, and why?
- Would you rather be an rockstar or an actor?
- Who is your favourite teacher ever?
- If you had to be half-human half-animal, what animal would you choose?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- If you were on a sitcom, what would you entrance music be?
- Do you have a catch-phrase?
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- What's your favourite thing to sit on?
- Are you an early-bird or a night-owl?
- Who is your hero?
- Do you prefer to draw or write?
- Do you prefer the doctor or the dentist?
- What's one of your earliest memories?
If you've got any ideas for good ice breaker questions - please submit them in the comments below!
on 8 July 2008