An active, wide, camp, sports game
- Play anywhere
- Multiple Teams
- Quick (5 - 15 mins)
- Under $20
- No Mess
- Large Groups
Freak the Geek
How To Play 45 Seconds
One (soft) ball, timer
This activity is very simple and can be used for a wide variety of ages.
1) The group splits up into pairs. One pair starts by going up to kick.
2) The rest of the group decides who will pitch the ball to the pair. Once a pitcher is selected, he/she rolls the ball to the pair.
3) When either of the duo kicks the ball, the game begins and the timer starts. (If someone catches the ball in mid-air, the pair is out immediately.)
4) The goal of a pair is to survive for as long as possible. They scramble around the play area, trying not to get hit by the ball.
5) The goal of the rest of the group is to get the two out. They can run to pick up the ball, but once they pick it up, they can no longer move until they throw the ball--whether to another player or at one of the pair.
6) If the runners come in physical contact with the ball in any way--even if it bounces off a wall and hits them--they are "out" and stand still. Fortunately, though, their partner can tag them and set them free.
7) When the timer reaches 45 seconds or both players are out at the same time, the round is officially over. If both partners remain at the end of the game, the pair gets two points. If only one survives, they get one point.
8) After this, another pair goes to kick. And the process continues.
9) When all pairs have had the opportunity to play, you can initiate another game, stop laying, or just mess around until everyone gets tired.
10) Have fun!
Freak the Geek
on 20 March 2016