1) Give ten players a glowstick for the game, which they will wear around their wrists. Obviously, the game is played at night--preferably outdoors, at a camp.
2) Explain the following situation as if it were real: Most of the camp facilitators have been "brainwashed" by aliens. They are now wandering around the camp grounds, searching for youth to capture. The goal is to "free" the volunteers that have been brainwashed.
3) Select certain areas around the camp grounds to be the safe points. Youth can stay in those places as long as they wish without getting tagged--the aliens cannot enter those areas.
4) However, the "free" area can be accessed by all players. If someone gets tagged by an alien there, they will be guided to the alien base, a small area that humans can't enter unless they've been tagged. It serves as a prison for the tagged players, and should always be guarded by aliens at one time or another. A human can attempt to escape, but if they are tagged, they have to return to the base.
5) This is where the humans with the glowsticks around their wrists come in. These humans are the "Elites," and they can tag an alien if they see one. If an alien is tagged by an Elite, they are "freed" and wait in a selected area until the game is over, which happens when all of the aliens are "freed" or all of the humans are in the Alien Base.
6) The Elites cannot hide their glowsticks. Period.
7) The humans are encouraged to help the Elites catch the aliens by bunching around them in groups so the aliens don't see them coming.
8) An Elite cannot tag an alien if they are escorting a human to the Alien Base.
9) The game can be played inside as long as you are in a very large building with multiple floors. The lights should be turned off.
10) Have epic fun!
Submitted by Freak the Geek on 4 Jan 2016 12:00:00Has this game been helpful?