This simulation game is a great one to play on a youth camp. It involves a lot of running and team work but also involves some problem solving skills. You'll need a decent bunch of leaders to run the game and to fill the all roles.
Teams race against each other to collect and assemble all the pieces of the molecule by completing various challenges and solving problems.
Break the group up into small teams
Teams start altogether in one room
Begin the game by telling everyone a story (see below), then outline the rules
Each team must aim to:
- visit the mad scientist to see the molecule
- only one team may enter at a time
- each team can see the mad scientist as many times as they'd like
- find the keepers of the elements/bonds
- only one team may visit each keeper at a time
- each team can visit each keeper as many times as they'd like, however can only collect two of each element at a time
- upon visiting a keeper, your team will be given a task which must be completed before you are given the elements
- don't eat the elements, or you won't have enough to complete the molecule
- replicate the mad scientist's molecule exactly
To win, a team must be the first to replicate the molecule exactly.
The terrorists have a mad plot to annialate the world through chemical warfare
The only chance of survival is to find the molecule of all molecules that will act as a counter attack to anything that comes our way
Only one person knows the make up of this molecule - the Mad Scientist
The Mad Scientist will only allow you see his secret molecule for a short time - be sure to pay close attention to the bonds and elements required
Your task/mission - if you choose to accept it - is to find the keepers of the various elements and bonds to replicate EXACTLY the Mad Scientist's molecule in order to win the prize AND save the world
- Has the assembled element to show to teams.
- Might set up in a dark room and set the scene like a mad scientist's lab etc.
Keepers of the Elements
- Can really be whoever you want, depending on the elements you're using
- Some ideas include: Singing Raspberry Bush, Banana Man, Mr. Milko, Chief Chiko, Strawberries & Cream
Police / Prison Guard(s)
- If you have enough leaders (see below)
If you have enough leaders you can have some police/guards running around and catching team members.
Once caught, players will be imprisoned for 1/2 mins before being released back into the race
To make up the molecule, use a random assortment of the lollies you have bought and stick them together using toothpicks to create a molecule structure. Make it complex enough to be challenging to remember, but don't make it so confusing that it can't be replicated.
Each element keeper will need to have a challenge to give to teams to complete before they hand over the elements. The challenges can be any simple challenge - maybe a minute to win it style challenge, or a duel challenge, or a mini-olympics challenge - be creative, maybe get each leader to come up with their own challenge.
Submitted by Joel on 17 May 2011 12:00:00Has this game been helpful?