This is a really great running wide game - good for burning off a lot of energy. However, it's also a good wide game for those who might not like to run as it involves a lot of strategy.
1. Set up a wide field with 2 halves. We usually divided the field using a long hose.
2. Scatter lots and lots of empty ice cream containers all around the playing field, making sure it's relatively even on both sides to begin with. (You don't need to use ice cream containers, just use something light, unbreakable, cost efficient and something that you can get a lot of - the more the better!)
3. Divide the group into 2 teams. Each team needs to start on their designated side.
4. The basic aim of the game is get as many buckets (or objects) onto your side as possible.
5. While a player is on their team's side - they are safe. As soon as they cross the line (ie. have no feet in their own half) then they can be tagged. Once they are tagged, they must stay where they are, squat down and wait to be rescued.
6. To rescue a team mate, all you have to do is tag them, then they are free to run back to their side. However, even while they are escaping they can be caught again.
7. To get a bucket, just run to the other side, pick up 1 bucket (and only 1) and bring it back to your half.
8. If you get tagged while capturing a bucket, you must drop it where you are.
9. You may NOT move the buckets that are on your side.
10. So there are 2 ways to play the game, you can run like crazy and rescue as many players as possible and get buckets.
You can use stealth and sneakily cross over the other half and pretend to be on the other team (easier to do with large groups). What you do when you've falsely convinced others you're on their team is completely up to you! Be Creative! However if they ask you straight out, you can't lie, and if they touch you, you are caught.
Submitted by Joel on 7 Nov 2007 12:00:00Has this game been helpful?